PROTECTS AND SOOTHES THE OCULAR SURFACE
Indicated for :
NAVITAE® PLUS is a lubricant ophthalmic solution with an antioxidant and moisturizing effect used for the relief of dry eyes and ocular discomfort caused by :
- Ocular irritation caused by pathologies such as keratitis, adverse effects following corneal surgery, traumatic ulcers, corneal inflammation.
- Oxidative stress due to light exposure and/or an increase in free radicals on the ocular surface.
- Contact lens wearing.
WITH SODIUM HYALURONATE 0.15%
- A highly hydrophilic physiological polymer.
- Provides NAVITAE® PLUS with biophysical properties similar to those of natural tears.
- Has an optimum molecular weight.
WITH CARBOXYMETHYL ß-GLUCAN
- A viscoelastic agent
- Lubricating effect
WITH VITAMIN A
- Stabilizes the fatty phase of the tear film
- Helps to maintain natural hydration
- Reduces the symptoms of ocular dryness
WITH VITAMIN E
- Reduces the concentration of free radicals in the lachrymal fluid
- Enhances the protection of corneal and conjunctival epithelial cells
- Decreases the risk of inflammation
AND WITH SCO®
NAVITAE® PLUS is preserved with a special preservative system called SCO® (Stabilized Complex Oxychloro) that keeps the solution sterile in the bottle. When exposed to light, SCO® dissipates into components naturally found in human tears such as sodium chloride, oxygen and water, making it very well tolerated.
♦ The topical ocular use of Vitamin A improves contact lens wearing by reducing the frictional, mechanical damage that they can cause on epithelial cells of the cornea and conjunctiva. Vitamin A stabilizes the fatty phase of the lachrymal film by increasing its capacity to maintain natural hydration, therefore reducing the symptoms of ocular dryness.
♦ This activity is also exerted by the polysaccharides present in the product.
♦ Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to reduce the concentration of free radicals in the lachrymal fluid, and therefore enhances the protection of corneal and conjunctival epithelial cells, decreasing the risk of inflammation.